Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Columbia? Generally, there are three major regions of the home for camera installations: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. While your security installer can suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would make an effort to just stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins happen at this passageway. You also have porch pirates among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle all of these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you can speak with any visitors who approach and engage the doorbell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you may respond to each instance with two-direction audio and live video and appear to be at home. When a visitor begins doing something criminal, you will have your video surveillance document the event on video and send it to your smartphone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging task. Luckily, there are a handful of tips to make sure your property is well protected.
- The corners of your Columbia house provide an impressive viewing angle, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or into a bit of cladding or edging are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat obscured by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or back door -- or any entryway not visible from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any bushes or tree limbs that could obscure your view.
Tips For Getting The Most From Your In-Home Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Columbia. However, the added adaptability does mean there are additional aspects to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are down and latched, the natural light through a window might cast a glare on your video recording. Direct the lens away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Just like a watchtower, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will provide a broader view. Try placing your cameras at the top of bookshelves or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Place your security cameras where children or pets can’t interact with them. Consider mounting or another means to secure them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest security camera won’t help you much if there is a houseplant in the way. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (803) 380-6011 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.