Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Columbia
You realize you have to safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it’s where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what form of home security is ideal? Determining if you should get 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary considerations you need to make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Columbia and see what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to an external monitoring organization that is set to act at any moment. If an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring specialists get a notification immediately. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the applicable first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional backup. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you must act to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Columbia
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may make you eligible for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Better tools and seamless integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Numerous individuals would rather have the install done by qualified experts, but some might object.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for most as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Columbia
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers may think of this as an advantage as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Others may wish to use an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to install devices when you want - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If an emergency arises, you’re in control of getting help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t see a security warning? This circumstance equates to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you require assistance during the installation, you may have to employ someone else. The installation is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Columbia
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Columbia from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the ideal choice for you. Contact (803) 380-6011 today to customize your package.