Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—a display that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are equipped with a plethora of tools all designed to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these additions empower you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Columbia.
How To Set Up Your Columbia Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your security cameras at the ideal spots around your living space is the best place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented areas like the living room or den. It’s also a great move to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your house that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room may reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the first step in extracting the all you can from home security cameras in Columbia. The features listed below help to maximize security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone anytime strange movement is detected. You can also set cameras to start filming when movements are detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone through the camera. Via your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more complete view of any space. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to protect single areas within your house.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the sense unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Columbia is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system can go from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (803) 380-6011 or submit the form below to start customizing your security system today.