Does A Home Security System Work In Columbia?
If you’re the same as most property owners, you are looking for your home to be secure 24/7. but, will a home security system work in Columbia?
The easy answer: yes. But, how do you find the most benefits from your alarm system? Not only can the alarms and sensors give superior security, the advanced devices offer a level of efficiency and control you might not have thought about previously. By getting home automation, security cameras, and easy-to-use tools through a phone app, you can create a secure smart home.
Let's stop for a moment and explore why a home security system is a good idea for your property.
Indispensable Home Security Needs
To ensure your Columbia home security system works to the best of its ability, you have to get these essential home security devices:
- Door and window sensors: You may find this unusual, but most burglars come into your house through your front door. The other two most frequent points of entry are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, door and window sensors are considered the bedrock of your home security. When the system is activated and your door or window sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your 24/7 monitoring agents will be contacted.
- Touchscreen command center: Gone are the unresponsive number pads, as state-of-the-art touch screens now arm and disarm your security devices. These hubs can also manage your smart home components, security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The topmost security system allow you direct every aspect of your security system through a smartphone app. Now if device trips, you have the option to see an instant notification to your mobile device. Also, activate your motion alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t automation in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, they can warn a would-be intruder that your house is protected.
Can A Home Security System Protect Your House In Columbia?
While it may appear like pearl-clutching to install alarms and download a smartphone app when you already have locks and reside in a safe area, the studies say that an alarm system can help protect your property. For example, a paper from Rutger University sees that most thieves will actively steer clear of properties with a security system installed. They will then go and hit a better house that is unsecure.
That backs up with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties do not have a home security system. With numbers, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be burglarized than houses that are secured. And while just displaying that your home have an alarm helps discourage break-ins, other components -- like smart lights and doorbell cameras -- can also improve your security.
Of course, ADT home security systems can do more than buzz an alarm. Now you can use some advanced components and services that make a security system safer and energy efficient.
24/7 Monitoring Is The Best Backup To Your Alarms
Does a home security system work in Columbia when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Relying on a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24/7 monitoring from ADT professionals can ensure the authorities come quickly after a triggered alarm.
Monitoring agents can secure your home all day long -- whether you are there or not. If you’re not on site to hear an alarm, your agent will get a hold of you and the emergency agency after a tripped component. Even if you’re still at home, you will be busy making sure kids and pets are safe and accounted for.
Install The Same Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, and Medical Emergencies
When you get your security system, you have the option to get much more than intrusion prevention. devices like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be integrated into your complete set-up. If an emergency is detected, your sensors will respond just like your door and window alarms. Specifically, the high-decibel signal rings, your 24/7 monitoring agents are contacted, and an alert will come to your smartphone.
You can even use a panic button, which can be conveniently pinned to you or a family member through a pendant, bracelet, or shirt clip. If there is a fall incident or a serious medical condition, they can use a two-finger button to contact your monitoring agent.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Today’s home automation devices give you a level of management and convenience you’ve never seen before. They will make your home more energy-savvy and intelligent. And when you pair home automation to your home security, they can also make your home much safer. For example:
- Put your smart lights on a daily schedule to make it feel like your house is occupied when you’re on vacation.
- Have your hall smart lighting turn on when a security camera detects sudden motion.
- Use geolocation to secure your locks, flip off your living room lights, and turn down the smart thermostat when you go to work.
- Create customized scenes so you can pre-program your lights, temperature, alarms, and other equipment with one hit of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your devices and set your components through your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve through smart devices, and you’ll see how much you will want a state-of-the-art home security system in Columbia. You will also be able to direct your devices with vocal commands when you link your home security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Maintain A Watch On Your House With Smart Video Surveillance
Signs, decals, and outside lights are wonderful intrusion disincentives, but smart cameras can take your defense to another level. The worst thing an intruder is looking for is to be seen on a security camera as the clip may be used against them in a criminal investigation. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24/7.
Do you need to check out the noise you heard outside? Would you want to greet the kids when they get home from school? Has your package been delivered yet? All you need to do is to pull up the clip from your ADT Control app. You could also get alerts on your smartphone whenever a delivery person comes on your porch or the camera sense unusual motion. You can then speak with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Find A Security System In Columbia?
Need help to create a home security that works in Columbia? Our home security experts can custom-build the best alarms, home automation, and cameras that can be used into one affordable package. Contact us right now at (803) 380-6011 or send in the form below.